2019 Summer Session
June 18th – August 1oth (7-week)
- No classes: school closed from July 2nd to July 7th.
- Children's Class meets once per week, 2 hours per class.
- Adult's class meets once per week, 2 hours per class.
- Students can join drawing, painting or clay modeling classes after a session has begun.
- Please note the discount cannot be combined, and no discount for material cost..
- The class rate will be prorated based on the day of enrollment.
Drawing /Painting (grades k-12th & adults)
The class will focus on nurturing creativity while developing motor coordination and visual perception. Students will learn basic drawing and painting techniques involving color, perspective, and shading. Subjects may include still life, animals, landscape, cityscape, people etc. Forms may include cartoon, manga, drawing, sketch, painting, mixed medium, etc. Students may use pencil, charcoal, colored pencil, pastel, acrylic, oil, mixed medium, etc.
- Children class time (2 hours per week):
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday : by appointment
- Wednesday: 6:30-8:30pm
- Thursday: 6:30-8:30pm
- Friday: 6:30-8:30pm (clay modeling)
- Saturday: 9-11am, 10am-12pm,12:30-2:30pm, 1:30-3:30pm, 2-4pm
- Adult class time (2 hours per week):
* Wednesday: 10am-12pm
* Saturday: 4-6pm
* Other days: By appointment
- Beginners: B-1, B-2, B-3,
- Intermediate: I-1, I-2, I-3,
- Advance: A-1, A-2, A-3,
- College portfolio Prep: (Grade 10-12) This class is for high school juniors and seniors in need of portfolio preparation in painting, drawing, illustration, graphic, industrial, interior, architectural, and fashion design. Instruction focuses on meeting the entrance requirements for acceptance into art schools and universities.
- AP Studio Art Exam: This course is helping students to prepare on AP Studio Art Exam.
- Adults: Students will learn advanced art skills with emphasis on composition, techniques, mediums, and styles. Students work independently at their own speed within their specific areas of interest. Students will develop creativity and individuality using art as a tool for personal expression. Materials may include: pencil, charcoal, pastel, pen & ink, watercolor, acrylic, oils.
* Art class: $30 per two hours class, plus $2 material fee each class.